Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tuesday Things


Of late, my life has been reading. And reading. And reading. I have stared at my computer for hours at a time proofing, editing, etc. My stuff. Stuff for other people. My eyes are fried. Cause reading to read is easy, but reading to analyze takes forever and is exhausting. I never want to be an editor full time.

When I'm not editing, I'm writing. Going to be getting my ass kicked on the writing from the next two months. I have three novellas and a handful of short stories all coming due one right after the other, so there's going to be a rather alarming amount of caffeine involved (when is there not, though?).

The giveaway for Treasure will be going up tomorrow. I would have had it ready to go up today, but have been swamped by the aforementioned reading.

-----

Sleep. Never take for granted a good night's sleep. I have had issues sleeping for as long as I can remember. I don't think I did as a kid, but then again, my parents love to tell people the way they'd get calls about how I wouldn't take a damn nap and was waking up the other kids. Anyway, I don't sleep well. The reasons for this are myriad, and sometimes I can conquer them and other times I'm just resigned to a lot of nights of 2-4 hours of sleep. My biggest problem right now is light; I cannot sleep in a room that has light, and there's a stupid fucking streetlight that shines in basically every window upstairs. Sasha has fixed this problem for me, though. Now I move on to the next :3 And trust me, I've tried every trick in the book.

-----

For those eagerly awaiting it, Stone Rose comes out tonight ^__^ I am putting the finishing touches on that today. I know this one will put some people off just because there is a threesome, but it's a good story. Much better this time, and as I wanted it to be. I never did like it the first time around. And this is the book where shit starts to come together and form a bigger picture. Burning Bright gave hints of it, but Stone Rose is where shit starts to get real. I am excite.

On the serial front, my new one, Love You Like a Romance Novel, starts at the end of June. If you have not scoped the LT3 coming soon page lately, you definitely should. Many shinies are forthcoming ^__^

-----

Alright, back to the grind. More edits, then more writing, and I've got some writerly-type posts to start drafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Lauren Hough and Other Whiny Pissbabies: How Not to Behave as an Author

I should know how to behave and not behave. Anybody in MM Romance will be happy to tell you I have a long and sordid history of pissing peop...