Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Things

Good morning, peeps. How was your weekend? What are your plans for the week? I spent a good chunk of the weekend making covers and writing.



I also finally did a real cover for Love You Like a Romance Novel, since the other one was never meant to be permanent (and sucked):



For those that missed it, since the weekend is probably the worst time to post anything (I know that's when I'm usually doing everything not related to my computer, I was the last to know it had gone up), my Love is Always Write story is live on the MM GoodReads group ^__^ Much love to them for coordinating the event. Sasha is going to turn ours, and a few others, into the various ebook formats for those that do not want to read on a comp. DL on GR, and eventually we'll put them elsewhere :3

If you want to read mine, it is here. I do hope to expand on it someday, make it a proper novella as it should be. I also have plans for Rene :D

Speaking of books and me, a short story that has been on the serial page forever (and which we kind of just forgot about) is moving to the book market. For all of the three people who have not read it, Always Masked comes out this week. It's set in the same verse as Behind the Mask, which I wrote because my friends are crazy and ordered me to write pirate/ninja. Being equally crazy and occasionally obedient, I did so. Always Masked was written for Sasha, though I forget why now. But the world could always use more vampire-ninja/incubus stories, right? Right. Check it out:



Stone Rose is due out soon, and I am busy working on the last of that series. After that, I have a few short stories to wrap up. But then, my dears, my darlings, I start working on Black Magic.

And anyone who read the snippet I posted a few days ago can figure out what story I have been leading up to slowly, but surely, with the tidbits and cameos dropped into Missing Butterfly, Delivery with a Smile, The Christmas Package, and Love You Like a Romance Novel. Probably early next year, I will be writing Paradise.

Many thanks to those who participated in the Hop Against Homophobia. Those of you who took the time to read the posts, leave contributing comments, was very much appreciated by all of us. We're glad the Hop was such a success. I always like participating in events that actually seem to make a difference. As always, my peeps are the coolest on the block ^__^ I'll be picking the winners after I've had coffee.

I should have the final print block for Treasure today or tomorrow, which means I'll have the giveaway volume by the end of the week. So the first piece of shiny will be going up for grabs very soon.

The Bestiary deadline is coming up fast, peeps. If you have a story, get it to us! ^___^

I need to stop creating shit when I'm bored, because then I get busy again and don't have time for it. But, for those that like that kind of thing, I made a Q&A group on GoodReads. I give it ten minutes before the first smartass shows up.

Now, I need coffee. Then I need to pick the winners, write some emails, write a few blurbs. After that, it'll be time to beat the ever living fuck out of a character. Don't hang out with mobsters, pro tip. That reminds me: Did I uncover my body trauma book in the unpacking? Did it make it on to my reference shelf? Oh, hey, it did. And it's right next to the law enforcement guide I stole from Sasha. That was remarkably smart of me :3 :3 :3

Have a good week, everybody! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Lauren Hough and Other Whiny Pissbabies: How Not to Behave as an Author

I should know how to behave and not behave. Anybody in MM Romance will be happy to tell you I have a long and sordid history of pissing peop...