Monday, July 7, 2014

In Despair and Other Writing News

In Despair comes out this week! I am happy and sad, nervous and excited.

This was meant to be a single story for serialization that turned into a trilogy. It's been quite the undertaking. I am proud of the results, but I will also be glad to take a break from this verse.

In Despair comes out Wednesday, which any LT3 peep knows means Tuesday night. If you have any questions, or just want to chat, or simply want to see me be a massive dork, I am going to be at Bitten by Books on July 24th to answer questions and such. There will also be a couple of drawings for Amazon gift cards, one for $50.00, the other $25.00.

This was definitely the hardest book of the three to write. It required the most work, editing wise, and poor Telme suffered more than any other character I've written, I think. And he's only 16-17 throughout the book (and Korin is 15-16). I hope peeps enjoy it.

Much, much love to everyone who has read this trilogy and made it as popular as it has been. It was a series I was certain would only do so well because everyone is sick of vampires, but it has been very well received ^___^

Thanks are also owed to readers of Looking for More, which is the fluffiest piece of nonsense I've published since Backwoods Asylum. I will be guest blogging at The Blogger Girls, one of my fav review sites, on the 16th (I have to write that blog post next, actually, before they kill me). If you want to come read my babbling about some of the things that went into that story, stop by ^__^


In other writerly news, next month A Suitable Replacement comes out in ebook. That story was meant to be some 20k fluff and nonsense piece, but wound up longer and more involved, cause at the end of the day I do what I'm told.

Replacing it as a serial will be The Harem Master, which I'm really fucking pleased with. It's a bit involved, since it bounces between three different POVs, but it's fun and it brings in bits and pieces of Tavamara I've never expounded on before (like the council). I think after I finish up some other stories in that verse that need finished, I will actually switch continents and do something with Rittu.

The new editions of Sandstorm and The King's Harem will be posted about that time, and I may have something else sort-of shiny to go along with. We shall see. I like Tavamara-verse, I'm really proud of it and love to play there.

In October, I'll be re-releasing Lukos Heat. Yay, dragons! And I've been ordered to do a sequel, which will probably get written next year when I've gotten other stuff off my plate.

And in December, LT3 has a Christmas anthology coming out, and I (AM THE EDITOR IN CHARGE AHAHAHAHA) have a story in that. More details to come on that later, but my story is called Two Parts Mistletoe and is about a potionmaker.

Still to be scheduled: Pack and Rabbit Season.

And everything else is in writing or editing. Many of my projects have fallen behind because of one thing or another, but I'm aiming to change that this month and get back on track. We shall see.

Love you, Peeps! Have a good week ^__^

1 comment:

  1. Hey Megan. I have thoroughly enjoyed the Princes of the Blood series. Are there any plans to release them as audio books? Thanks and keep writing those incredible characters!

    ReplyDelete

To Lauren Hough and Other Whiny Pissbabies: How Not to Behave as an Author

I should know how to behave and not behave. Anybody in MM Romance will be happy to tell you I have a long and sordid history of pissing peop...