Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Recs

Short List:

Cambion by Cari Z.
Strength of the Wolf by Kendall McKenna

This was a fun book I finally got to read when I made myself take a day off. I always enjoy characters who are extremely sexual, by choice and/or design, and their lovers have no problem with that. Greatly enjoyed both the leads, but I admit my favorite character was Steven and I can't wait to see him get a happy end someday. Looking forward to more adventures all around, there's definitely plenty of world left to explore (but you can also walk away at the end of this if that's your druther). A good read for peeps fond of paranormal and supernatural shenanigans :3




One of my fav werewolf series. I hate the covers, because they don't even come close to doing the books justice. My favorite part is how fucking well McKenna portrays the military. That is such a hard fucking thing to find. I'd read these books for that alone, but I love the werewolf culture she's built, and how it meshes (and clashes) with human culture. Looking forward to the next book.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely agree with you: Kendall McKenna's werwolf series is one of the best! I loved all the characters (omg Lucas and Noah *_*), the werewolf mythology had me laughing everytime it appeared - it was just so "HUH"? XD (I loved Lucas "review" in the second book when he talked to Tim)
    The storline is absoult captivating and did I already mention that I love her world in general? Werwolves might be a fixture in this world but they (humans) are far away from knowing everything and these little insecurities are great - while reading these books you "learn" with Lucas and later on with Tim (Jeremy is so cute ^^ but I Tim was sometimes really dense...I missed his "know-it-all" from book one) the only problem I had was the difference in Jeremy-Tim and noah-Lucas' mating oô but I think that I am the only one who has a problem keeping them apart... because yeah - I get that Noah submits to Lucas and thus the Dominant-Alpha Bond is created <- that one I got on the first read ^^ but it took me some time that Jeremy never submitted to Tim like Noah submitted to Lucas... after the first sex scene I thought that they would be the same..^^" of course that would be unrealistic however it took me some time to understand that the "true" mating really was happening after the first run where Jeremy asks him if he (Tim) had chosen him as his Alpha :) after I figured that one out, the books were really enjoyable ^^ (but I still think, that she could have explained the difference a bit more - it left me confused the very first time reading the book because I didn't get it...lol^^)
    Overall of the best werwolf series in military setting I've every read and I'm waiting for the next book ^^

    Haven't read Cambion but I'll give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete

To Lauren Hough and Other Whiny Pissbabies: How Not to Behave as an Author

I should know how to behave and not behave. Anybody in MM Romance will be happy to tell you I have a long and sordid history of pissing peop...