Monday, March 12, 2018

Bisexual Authors in MM and Queer Romance

The TL;DR is that Santino Hassell is a lying fuckhead, and just one of his many many lies (b/c I don't believe a damn word he says otherwise) was that he was a bisexual man (he is actually a married couple, and while one of them still claims bisexuality, at this point, I believe nothing they say)

Which, you know, bisexual peeps catch enough shit (and pansexual right alongside them, since people like to conflate/combine the two). That someone would use that, and all the sympathy, support, etc it drew from our community, is despicable. Queer people endure enough grief, without someone pretending to be one of us because it brings them something. Entire essays could be written about that. They have been, I'm sure.

I cannot right SH's wrongs. But this one, at least, I can combat to some measure. Below is a list of actual, real, not faking it bisexual and pansexual authors. If you ever gave SH an ounce of your attention or a penny of your money, consider giving it now to one or more of the authors below.

(And for the record, if it matters, I am asexual and biromantic. I am not a straight woman speaking for queer people). Full disclosure, my wife is one of the people on this list, included only for the sake of thoroughness. Others are obviously LT3 authors, again included for thoroughness, not to bring profit to me or mine. They are starred.

First, A.M. Leibowitz already compiled a pretty awesome list on this theme.

*Victoria Zagar

Amelia Faulkner

*Sasha L. Miller (my wife)

Aly Haden

Kirby Crow

Beth Bolden

*Caitlin Ricci

*Robin Tennant

Sheena J. Himes

Christ McHart

Aleksandr Voinov

Bronwyn Heeley

Jaye McKenna

*Dianne Hartsock 























If you are not on the list, whether I missed you somehow, or you did not see the initial call, just email meganaderr@gmail.com and I'll add you!

4 comments:

To Lauren Hough and Other Whiny Pissbabies: How Not to Behave as an Author

I should know how to behave and not behave. Anybody in MM Romance will be happy to tell you I have a long and sordid history of pissing peop...